PLEASE BRING TO YOUR FIRST VISIT
- A Doctor’s referral if your medical plan requests it.
- A list of medications that you are presently taking with the reason why.
- Your medical card (Medavie Blue Cross, Great West Life).
- If you are coming as a result of an MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident) your policy number, your adjuster’s name and contact information, and of course the name of the company that the claim will be going through.
- And a pair of shorts or loose fitting clothing so you can move freely during the assessment.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR FIRST VISIT
- Upon your arrival for your first treatment an intake form will be given for you to fill out. This will include medical plan information, referrals, and/or your medication list.
- We will then go through an assessment with you in the treatment room including some tests on your range of motion, and mobility to determine the cause, aggravating/relieving factors, and what you are suffering from. This will enable us to develop your treatment plan.
- Before leaving the clinic room, I will discuss the treatment plan with you along with how to undress and get on the table. We will knock before re-entering the treatment room.
- We will always ensure your privacy during the entire treatment. Areas to be treated will be undraped only when it is being treated.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A MASSAGE
You may feel like you’re floating or a little lightheaded. In the world of massage, this is normal and known as “massage head.” Some refer to it as feeling “spongy” or “fluffy.” Give yourself 5 to 15 minutes to recover. Have a seat in the waiting area, drink some water or a cup of our herbal tea, and enjoy the moment.
After your massage you may experience a little soreness, so be sure you drink plenty of water for the next day or two.